Monday, May 16, 2011

What a Wonderful World (weekend)

This weekend, our family traveled to my beloved Roanoke, Virginia for two big events:

Jackson's 1st Birthday Party
&
Lacey & Kevin's Wedding

Both were spectacular occasions!

On Friday night, our entire family got together for Jax's big celebration at Mac & Bob's Restaurant.  I was super excited about his construction themed birthday party.  Jax just loves cars and trucks (like his Mommy).




Even Jackson's outfit was fit for the occasion!



He was so very excited to greet everyone and to be KING for the evening (not that he's ever not king, really).



All the extra attention made our already-spirited young man even more pleased with himself.


Family and friends traveled from near and far away to celebrate with our big boy!  We are so thankful for them all.




And . . . we are also thankful for another special birthday boy who celebrated with Jackson!





Happy Birthday, Uncle David!  We love you!!!

Jackson received countless wonderful gifts . . . now, where to put it all away?







He also enjoyed a healthy second serving of birthday cake.


I hope his 1st birthday party was as wonderful as he is!


Happy Birthday, Jackson Scott!

*     *     *     *     *

Then, on Saturday afternoon, we attended the wedding of two dear friends of mine:  Lacey Duncan and Kevin McGinley.  I have known Kevin since kindergarten orientation when I tried to pick him up and carry him around (yeah, I know, really).  I have lots of home videos of him crawling underneath the tables at my own birthday parties as a little kid.  I met Lacey in 6th grade, then grew extremely close to her during my first year of college.  We lived in the same dorm area at UVA and then had an apartment together our second year.  It is sooo crazy that they are married now!

I was so very honored to be a part of their special day.  Lacey made one of the most stunning brides I have ever seen (moved me to tears), and the entire ceremony and reception were beautiful.  There were also about 15-20 people from Northside High School Class of 2004 in attendance--many of which I hadn't seen since graduation--so it was absolutely amazing to catch up with everyone.

Congratulations Lacey and Kevin; may you have a lifetime to happiness together!














What a wonderful world (weekend) . . .

No comments: