Friday, May 13, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: A picture of something you wish you were better at



Running

I wish I was a better runner.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a kick-butt exerciser . . . you name it . . . elliptical, treadmill, bike, weights, aerobics . . . but running?  Zilch.  Zero.

I tried hard to find a photograph of my good friend, Lindsey, for this post.  She is an inspiring runner who took up training while we were in college and now runs marathons.  That's 26.2 miles for those of you who are like me.  Honestly, one of the things I'd like to do before I die is run a simple 5K for crying out loud!  My dad is a pretty good runner too . . . and I've thought about trying to train with him a bit.  Acutally, last night I proposed the idea of training to "run" at marathon on an elliptical.  However, I guess that defeats my becoming a better runner, doesn't it?

I think it would still be a pretty impressive feat . . . talk about clocking some time in the gym!  What do you think Lindsey?  Any tips?

No comments: