Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Special

A Mother's Day Special . . . No, I'm not talking about a sale on roses or mylar balloons or some silly stuffed animal.  I'm simply talking about exactly what Mother's Day is:  special.

Last year was my very first Mother's Day . . . Jackson was only 4 days old, and I was really too exhausted to think about celebrating.  Besides, at that point I honestly didn't understand precisely what it meant to be his "mother" yet.  This year is different.  I am so incredibly blessed to has both the joys and responsibility of raising the world's most loveable one-year-old (sure, I'm a little biased).

Today my wonderful mom and I went out to dinner together to celebrate.  She is truly the WORLD'S BEST MOM, and I know I'll be doing well by Jax if I am even half the mother she was to me.  I love you and thank you for everything, Mom.

Since Justin had to work today, we celebrated Mother's Day at our house yesterday . . . first with a picnic in the park with Jackson . . . then with a dinner/movie date with just Justin and I.  Here are a few pictures from our early Mother's Day!




After our park outing, Justin gave me my gift . . . a British import CD of Ellie Goulding who sings "Starry Eyed."  I was so impressed that he was able to find it . . . since it's not yet sold in the USA!
Good job, Jus!


. . . And we set off on the town . . .

*     *     *

And to satisfy your curiosity, I have included a link to watch the music video of "Starry Eyed"
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is easy to be your Mom...I love you and I am so proud of you...thank you for blessing me with Jackson...You are a wonderful Mom..