Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day Twenty-Three: A picture of your favorite book


This book is simply a stunning piece of literature.

Warning:  If you are faint of heart, do not read.

This is a futuristic novel centered around a group of teenage "droogs" (hoodlums) who enjoy doing drugs and engaging in a bit of "ultraviolence" (vandalism, rape, etc).  Then, the government steps in to try to correct their behavior, leaving the primary character, Alex, ultimately defenseless.

Want to know more?  You'll have to read it yourself.  Naturally, I would highly recommend you do!  That was one of the things that Justin did for me early in our relationship that won my heart.  I told him how passionate I was about this novel . . . and he borrowed it from me and read it himself.  He loved it too.

Just so you know . . . if you choose to partake . . . at first it will feel as if you are reading a book written in another language.  Burgess creates his own slang language for the book and there is no glossary.  Don't worry . . . keep reading . . . you'll figure it out . . . and you'll be amazed!

And for a bit of "only Jennifer would know" trivia:
Rupert Grint once dressed up as Alex for a Halloween party!


Now, I know you want to read it!

No comments: