Monday, July 19, 2010

City Baby, Country Baby

A few weeks ago, we went to the Big City (Washington DC) . . . but this weekend it got even better . . . we went to the country.  Acutally, we went to Roanoke, Virginia (aka "the best place on Earth" according to Mommy).  The entire trip was basically a Baby Jackson meet-and-greet for both Justin and my extended families.  I think I'm a little biased, but I'd say Jax was a big hit.
We arrived at Granny ToTo's house (Justin's mom) on Friday afternoon, and after some playtime, we went out to eat at Cracker Barrell.  Then, ToTo took me shopping at Valley View Mall.

Mommy and Daddy had a lot of packing and unpacking to do because of me, but it was worth it!

On Saturday morning, we woke up early and traveled another 2 hours to visit my great grandma "Mammaw" in Chilhowie, Va.  A one stoplight town, this really was the country.
Don't be fooled by this photo, I was awake almost the entire time!  In Chilhowie, I met lots of Daddy's family including my:
Aunt Sheila
Aunt Sharon
And my cousin Gabe.  It was a big day for Gabe too because he poopied in the "big boy" potty that morning!  Wonder when I will do that?
Mammaw cooked everyone a wonderful lunch, and would you believe that I didn't get to eat a single thing?  Not even her famous rolls!
Mommy and Daddy enjoyed hearing her recount stories from the old days.  They learned that it used to be called "going to housekeeping" when a young couple got married and moved into their first place together.  Mommy was fascinated by the 1949 cabinet that Mammaw still uses from when she "went to housekeeping."
Daddy videotaped Mammaw explaining how she cans her sweet pickles and how she makes rolls from scratch.  It was family history being recorded for me to see when I grow up!  However, no matter how hard she tries . . . something tells me my Mommy will never quite duplicate Mammaw's rolls.
That evening, we had dinner with Aunt Marney, Uncle Charlie, and cousin Logan at Macadoo's (Mommy's craving).  It was good fun . . . for everyone but Uncle Charlie who got a tray of drinks spilled down his back!  EEEK!  Mommy was relieved that they didn't get spilled on me (because it sure was close!).

On Sunday it was time to see Mommy's family for the first time.  That morning, we went to visit Uncle David and Aunt Mary.  I wore my special *Uncle David Outfit* which was a bib with an antique muscle car on it.  David was impressed by my knowledge of big block engines (just kidding--that will come later).

(David must have said something about Fords right before this photo was taken--haha)
My sista' Shamika even came to visit me.  She was incredibly impressed with my Mommy's post-baby ghetto booty.  "Shake it girl!" she said.
After lunch with Mary and David, we went to visit Aunt Ella and Uncle Butch at their house.
Aunt Ella thought I was great!  She thinks I look like my PawPaw too.
It was literally a family vacation!  Mommy, Daddy, and I had a great time visiting everyone.
Much love until we see everyone again. xoxo

No comments: