Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're Still Here--Promise!





Hello all! As you can see, I haven't exactly been keeping to any promises I made regarding posting on this thing--IF I even did make a promise--haha, it's been that long. Life is pretty sweet right now, overall. I have been working at Crestwood Pediatrics for--gasp--almost 6 months now. Whew wee have these six months been better than my previous ones at INOVA. I love my job now so much. I really enjoy the sometimes challenge of triage (and the relaxing aspects of it aren't bad either ;) ). It gives me the satisfaction of feeling like I really helped out a mommy or daddy with my wealth of nursing knowledge ;) Also, I get a change to use those good ole' NCLEX-RN skills. Speaking of that fatefull examination...a HUGE

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S is due to my best friend, Serena Knick RN, BSN--who you can see from her copious credentials is now offically a registered nurse! Woohoo! Now, she can focus on being the "bride to be" that she is. (That picture is of us at the Rotunda Dinner at UVA when Serena was a first year I believe--so long ago!) I also love working with the babies that come in the office for check ups--they make me want my own sooo bad! Also on the job front, Justin recently accepted an operations position that will allow him to function more like a real live human husband! Can you tell I'm excited that my sweetheart is going to be home with me a lot more often? Congrats, babe.

Other than the job front, the last six months have been a blast. On St. Patrick's day, we bought a little puppy miniature schnauzer named Brody. He is the most beautiful dog I have even seen--his behavior, however, is not so beautiful. Let's just say he's lucky he's so cute! In June we took our "redemption honeymoon" to Europe. We traveled to Barcelona, Spain; Valencia, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Marseilles, France; Aix en Provence, France; Nice, France; Cannes, France; Florence, Italy; Piza, Italy; and Rome, Italy. It was nothing short of breathtaking. On our cruise we also met some of the coolest people ever. We met a young couple from NYC, two ladies from Belfast, Ireland named Janet and Norma, and an amazingly wonderful couple from England named Mick and Liz. These people truly MADE our vacation--thanks guys!

Justin celebrated his 28th birthday (old man) in July, and our first wedding anniversary is THIS SUNDAY! Wow, that is so hard to believe. Last year this time, I was so jittery with excitement that I couldn't sleep. Now, I'm just looking forward to that red velvet top tier of our wedding cake perched in our freezer!




No comments: