Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing My Girls

There are certainly aspects of college life that I don't miss at all: clinical prep, finals week, walking to the corner/Rugby in the rain--in heels, being long distance from Jus--just to name a few. However, there are far more that I do miss. Basically, I miss my friends--those ladies that have shaped me into the adult woman that I am today. Whenever I'm around catty women in daily life, I am reminded of the select few--Megan, Lindsey, and Serena--who are the least catty, and the most supportive, vivacious, tender-hearted, pick-me-uppers in the whole world. I would give anything to be able to pick up the phone right now, and five minutes later be meeting up over dinner, drinks, or coffee. Or better yet, for most of you, I could just knock on the wall of my bedroom and there you'd be. Today, I'd even to all the "bad" things just to do it with you. I'd prep for clinical all day if Megan had the same assignment as I did and we could just sit next to each other at the nurses' station. I'd study for finals all over eating a whole bag of dry-roasted almonds on Megan's bed. I'd walk to the corner in stilettos in the pouring rain--heck, in a blizzard--if I was walking with Lindsey. I'd even miss out on a date with Justin for a dinner date with my best friend Serena at Guadalajara. Girls, if you're reading this, I really miss ya today and always! And . . . just because it's fun . . .

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I MISS YOU TOO! I was just dwelling on the good ole college days earlier today as I listened to stories about everyone getting ready to head back to classes in the coming days! If we could do it again... :)