Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life's Privileges

What a privilege it is to be in the company of a friend! Today was such a wonderful end to the weekend--thank you Lindsey for your much needed company. This morning I got up early and went to church for a much needed message about God's chosen people--and the fact that only 2 of the 600,000 followers that Christ was leading to Israel actually made it into the promise land. Lord, I pray that you will find me faithful to your commandments. Set my eyes on You and you alone! Father let me realize, in my heart of hearts, that your plans are perfectly wise--and that within your will is the very best place for my life! I want to be one of the two.

After church, Lindsey arrived for a carefree day of girl-fun. We had a quick lunch then headed to the Leesburg Outlets. Wow, I am old. I realized today that I seriously have little use for nice clothes now--all I wear is Dora the Explorer, Pooh, and Muppet Babies scrubs! Needless to say, I didn't buy a thing at the outlet mall. Lindsey, who contrary to me has a job that requires adult clothes, got some awesome deals! After shopping, Lindsey's friendly-neighborhood-GPS took us the scenic route back to Bristow. Although the ride was long, it was spectacular to take in the rolling countryside in good company. We then stopped for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's before Lindsey left for Richmond--no longer college kids, after all, we both have to work in the morning.
The rest of my evening was spent with the dogs--and realizing how S-W-E-E-T the Top Gun theme song sounds on Guitar Hero. I am approximately 2,000 points behind my husband on this particular song, and mark my word, I will surpass him!

No comments: