Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pure Unadulterated Bliss


And just when I thought I wasn't going to have any blogworthy material--we hear, yes my friends, an ice cream truck! After having hotdogs on the grill, Justin went outside to mow the lawn while I started to clean house (ahh, domestic life). When he was finished, we look a moment to just lie down on the floor of the office just to quietly chat.

"Shh, do you hear that?" Justin asks.

"Yeah, it's really high pitched," I reply.

"What are you talking about, it sounds like a ticking," (we're obviously not talking about the same noise at this point)

"No, it's like a dinging," I persist.

* * * s i l e n c e * * * l i s t e n i n g * * * and D I T T O * * *

"ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!"

Quickly, we scamper to our feet. Justin runs out the front door calling beind him "Do you have any cash? Bring cash! Hurry!" I scurry over the dogs' baby gate, grab my wallet, back over the baby gate, and out the front door. There it is--first time in my 23 years of life--a real ice cream truck playing "Pop! Goes the Weasel" in front of my house! Pure unadulterated bliss. The whole day has been worth its while.

1 comment:

Marney said...

like your blog. We have an icecream truck too. But it is unpredictable. Shows up now and then. When it does, it is the same hurry up and find the cash. Ha. Loved seeing you and Justin today. You looked fantastic as usual. I have this site saved.