Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Betty-isms

A while back I wrote a blog entry about hilarious things my mother says unintentionally.  Well, lately I feel as if I've moved back in with her (due to staying at her apartment while carpet layers and painters have been working on our new house).  Today, finally, Jax and I packed our bags and moved into the new place--my mom in tow to help me unpack.  Tonight, in the middle of a snowstorm, unable to dig ourselves out of the driveway, with the power flickering, and with nothing in the fridge--we found ourselved searching for something to eat when mom discovered a King Size box of M&Ms.  Looking at the nutrition label and calculating the fat and calories by serving size, she recited the facts to me.

Then came another wonderful Betty-ism:

"Oh well, let's just eat them.  It can't be any worse than alfredo and biscuits."

Alfredo and biscuts?  I asked.  I'm not sure what her line of thinking was...but it was hilarious...especially given our situation at the time.

Think again before you laugh at her justification too--this came from a lady who has lost 30 pounds over the last 5 months!  Maybe there's something to it.

No comments: