Monday, March 8, 2010

The Big 3-0

Today I'm the Big 3-0!

Weeks along-- that is! Justin and I had another doctor's appointment today, beginning the every two week visits . . . and it was fantastic. We met Dr. Ng for the first time (the other doc that could deliver baby Jackson), and we were equally impressed with him as we have been with Dr. Liao. I am still in awe at how well I am treated at this new practice. I really love both doctors, so I am assured I will be happy with whoever delivers our baby boy when he decides to come. Jus and I were reflecting on how wonderful it is that these two new doctors seem genuinely excited about our pregnancy. Sure, they do this all day, everyday--but they both make such a special effort to have enthusiam, give encouragement, and seem excited about the life growing inside me. It is so refreshing!

On the medical front, I am still measuring one week ahead--my urine was free of protein and glucose--no edema--I gained the right amount of weight this time--Jackson's HR was between 150-160--and . . . drum roll please . . . my BP was 120/64! This is so exciting because although the docs have never expressed a real concern, my BP has been in the 130's/70's for the last 10 weeks, and it has been really bothering me. I think I have finally put the post woes of my first experiences with that terrible practice of doctors behind me, learned to relax and trust my body, and my BP is responding favorably to this change. I also found out today from Dr. Ng (confirmed what the 4D sonographer said) that Jackson is seated very low in my pelvis. He said this is not of concern and may in fact prove to be a "good thing" when labor begins. Hopefully (and keep praying) this means that Jax won't change positions and will stay appropriately vertex until delivery. My prenatal yoga instructor also said this may be due to the squats and pelvic stretching I've been doing for the last 10 weeks in her class. See . . . now there's a great reason for investing in a good prenatal yoga class!

Something really cool also happened at our appointment today. Dr. Ng took another mini-sono and he measured Jackson for us. According to a rough estimate, he weighs approximately 3 lbs 8 oz right now and is measuring about 30 weeks and 4 days gestation. He should gain at least 1/2 a pound every week for the next 7 weeks too-- I think he's going to be a big boy--but according to medical science, he's really only slightly above average. :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

thats great that he is sitting so low! brooklyn was like that too and my delivery with her was much much much faster than with savannah. yay!