Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Sweet Day


I am pleased to announce that I do not have Gestational Diabetes!!! Thank you Jesus for answered prayers, and please continue to protect baby Jackson and I.


Heart pounding, I decided to go ahead and make the call to my OBGYN's office today to find out the results of my Glucose Challenge Test and CBC. When she said "both are normal," I totally screamed in her ear. For some reason (maybe due to the misinformed nurse at my previous doctors' who said 'you have glucose in your urine, you probably have GD' a few weeks ago) I had convinced myself that I was going to be diagnosed with GD during this pregnancy. However, that was not the case, so I have one less thing to worry about . . . any many more sweet things to enjoy (who wants to not eat cake at your own baby shower, right?)


Today has been a day for counting blessings! Apart from the disappointment of our first Childbirth Preparation class being cancelled due to nonexistant "inclement weather," it has been a sunny-side-up day. Justin filed our taxes this am, and we should get a really nice return (thank you 2009 housing credit). Jus also finished painting the nursery (which means it's nesting time for me). And . . . most importantly . . . I don't have Gestational Diabetes! One sweet day!

No comments: