Sunday, February 21, 2010

My 24th Birthday Weekend




This weekend was my 24th-birthday weekend!



Justin and I went "home" to Roanoke, VA to celebrate with family and friends (who just happened to be there too-yay)! I was lucky enough to get off work early on Thursday, so we were in the 'Noke by dinner time and had dinner at O'Charley's. On the 19th, my acutal birthday, we went to Ichiban for dinner and then to see Shutter Island on it's opening night. Talk about creepy--but really good! Saturday was a leisurely day overall, but we were able to have breakfast with Lindsey and Cookie who were in town for the Tim McGraw concert (they just raved about both songs that they heard him perform). :) I plead the 5th on that one--ask them! It was just a great weekend of friends, family, food, and retail therapy (yes, of course, I hit Valley View Mall several times).
On another note, I had the sad realization that this may be the second to last time I am in Roanoke before my folks move up to NOVA. I will always consider it my real "home," and I am so thankful that Justin's family will still live there and give us a good excuse to come "home" to visit often. I just couldn't live without the Mill Mountain Star, the Salem Fair, the Rodeo, driving by Northside's football field (state champs, p.s.), Valley View Mall, the Dr. Pepper Sign, and so many other Roanoke landmarks. It's funny how you never really appreciate a place like Roanoke until you leave.
Happy Birthday, me. Here's to another great year!
Also, a big thanks to all of my friends and family who sent birthday wishes--I am so lucky to have you all in my life. All my love forever!

Mom and I at O'Charley's.


The whole crew at Ichiban.



Justin and I at my birthday dinner.



An unexpected breakfast with old friends.



My sweet, loving birthday pup.

Thanks for a great weekend,

Jennifer












No comments: