Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sometimes Mommies Know Too Much

Sometimes, Mommies know too much--and thanks to my mommy being a Peds RN, it made for a pretty stinky 1-month birthday! You see, I have severe acid reflux, and I'm on my second medication trial. . .but recently I've been spitting up a lot--a whole lot. So on my 1-month birthday, June 5th, Mommy got tired of "messing around" as she calls it. I projectile vomited one too many times, and she took me to Fairfax Hospital ER to rule out Pyloric Stenosis (which she self-diagnosed as a potential cause). Sure enough, the Peds resident heard my history and ordered an ultrasound to rule out Pyloric Stenosis. Well, turns out the US was negative--for now. We won't be out of the woods, so to speak, until we see how my vomiting progresses since Pyloric Stenosis develops over time. Until then, we will proceed with caution assuming it is simply a bad case or GER. Happy puking everyone!
This is what I think about spending my special day in the ER.

The next morning was lots better, so we made up for it!

Granny even bought me the posh Sophie la giraffe from Paris--she is my new French girlfriend--she gives good kisses! Oh la la!

No comments: