Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve turned into a winter wonderland ... and it was magical!

I did all of my cooking on Christmas Eve because Justin had to go into work at noon on Christmas Day.  Therefore, our "holiday meal" would be enjoyed at lunchtime.  So ... since I didn't want to miss out of Christmas morning with the boys, I prepared everything the day before when Jackson and Oliver were napping.  As I began gathering my ingredients, I glanced outside to notice the first flakes of our Christmas Eve snowfall!  With the weatherman not even predicting snow in the forecast, this came as a wonderful and much-welcomed (at least by me ... don't ask my mom) surprise.  Seriously, I felt like a giddy little kid as I watched the "white stuff" shower down ... I might have even bounced up and down a bit!

When Jackson awoke from his afternoon nap ... Oliver was still sleeping ... so he and I took advantage of a few moments to enjoy the unexpected winter wonderland just the two of us.  I'm not sure I've seen Jackson so excited in a long time.  Perhaps the best moment of all was when I first opened our front door and Jackson exclaimed "Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!!!"  I love my stinker!




Soon ... little Oliver woke up ... and had his first glimpse of snow ... on Christmas Eve nonetheless!



* * *

That evening, my parents came over and gave Jackson and Oliver their Christmas gifts ... then, after posing for a few blustery snow pictures, we headed (slowly) to our traditional Christmas Eve dinner restaurant - Red Lobster.  It took us 45 minutes to make the usually-15-minute trek, but it was worth it just to say we didn't skimp on traditions!



Loving NeNe's "sparkles."




* * *

Later that night ... on a surprisingly white Christmas, Justin and I closed the evening with red wine and a marathon of A Christmas Story ...
... as we waited for Santa to arrive ...

No comments: