Wednesday, May 23, 2012

He's Three Weeks Old

That's right, readers!  Little Oliver is three weeks old today, and such a great baby!


I don't mean to brag (and I'm seriously hoping it lasts), but he is so content 90% of the time.  He's laid back ... alert during the day ... sleeps well between feedings during the night ... and just generally has his mommy and daddy spoiled.  To be honest, little man already has me dreaming about having a third baby!  Right now, however, I'm just enjoying the heck out of him.

We've had a busy 7 days since our last weekly update.  First, our double jogging stroller arrived in the mail, and we've been taking daily power walks together!  We aren't up to running yet, but we plan on getting there.  Oliver looks so tiny next to big Jax, but he does well riding in the stroller even without his baby carrier.  We also went to the doctor's office for Oliver's 2 week check up.  He weighed 8 pounds 7.5 ounces, so he's back to (and past) his birth weight.  Dr. Eddie gave us the go ahead to let him wake up on his own during the night -- so, no more setting the alarm every 3 hours!  Nevertheless, our little chunker still eats 3-4 ounces every 3 hours around the clock.  Justin and I cannot get over how much bigger he seems than Jackson did at 3 weeks old.  I've already packed away all of his newborn clothes, and he's wearing size 0-3 months, although they are a little big (and I'm a little glad).  :)   I don't want him to grow up too fast!



Then, over the weekend, the boys' Aunt Marney traveled up to visit us from Roanoke, Virginia.  It was her first time meeting baby Oliver!  While she was here, we went to a festival in Strasburg and otherwise just enjoyed each others' company.



Oliver scored a special UVA bib at the festival ... and I think it compliments his burping quite well.


Big brother, Jackson, has been a busy man as well.  I think the highlight of his week was seeing a real "digger" like the toy he had brought with him in the car.  He was so excited!  Gotta love little boys!



As for me, I am in love with mothering two little guys.  Call me crazy, but I have found the adjustment going from one child to two children to be really easy.  Granted ... I have an awesome support system ... but everyone told me it was super hard, and I really haven't found that to be true.  Remembering back to the first few weeks home with Jackson, I still had a lot of learning and growing to do at this point.  This time, I feel like little Oliver has just fit so perfectly into our family.  Maybe it's because he's been such an easy baby?  Or because by already having one child, I have already accepted that Mommy's needs come last (haha...sad, but true)?  Nevertheless, this is the best job in the world!

No comments: