Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Retreat

This weekend was a much needed retreat after a week of "pick on Jennifer" at work. My friend Lindsey came up to visit, and although we didn't do anything special, it was so nice to have some girl time! Basically, we just did a little shopping, saw Youth In Revolt with my man, Michael Cera, and caught up on each other lives. Sometimes seeing my college buddies is a bit bittersweet. I keep wondering, "will this be our last 'girl weekend' before the baby?" While I am totally content, ecstatic actually, to be starting a family with Justin, I am also the first of my close friends to forge that path. It's a little scary at times, but I know God will see me through all the ups and downs. At this point in my life, my close friends are really good friends, and I know they support my mommy movement.

On another note--guess what the newest pregnancy inconvenience is? I can't wear my wedding bands. Not because of swelling but because my finger has decided to have an allergic reaction to the white gold. This happened a couple of weeks ago, so I stopped wearing them, treated the reaction, and put them back on this Monday. Two days later, the reaction was way baaack. So, I am resigned to wearing only my engagement ring. :( Maybe this means Justin will have to buy me a platinum wedding band after the baby??? :)

Also, I would like to officially announce that I am now taking prenatal yoga, and it is wonderful! I just love the stretching and getting the perfect pregnancy exercise each week. I'm also meeting some wonderful pregnant women who make me feel so much more normal! Life is good!

No comments: