Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dear Baby Jackson

Dear Baby Jackson,
As the weeks until your birth slowly fall away, I'm growing more and more excited to meet you. I wonder what your little face will look like . . . I wonder how big you'll be . . . I wonder how your unique personality will develop and how you'll show it to me and daddy.

Now, as you're growing stronger and bigger inside me, I know daily that you're here with me. I look forward to each of your nudges after breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when I'm winding down at night. They remind me that you're really there, really living, and that we'll meet face-to-face in four short months.

You already make me laugh with the way you'll kick wildly within me but then stop when anyone else wants to feel. You're already playing games, you little stinker. It makes me feel so loved by you and so special to be your mom and to be sharing these months that no one else is really a part of but you and me.
I find it utterly amazing that you can recognize voices now too. I wonder if you tire of listening to me give our nursing triage advice to new moms all day? I am fascinated that you'll already know I'm "Mommy" and dad's "Daddy" when you enter our world from listening to us now from inside the womb.

What will it be like when you finally arrive? I can't wait to hold your warm little baby body in my arms for the first time. We are praying for you now. We're praying for your safe arrival and a happy and healthy life for you in our home as our son. I hope you know and feel how much you are already loved.

Until we meet,
Mom

No comments: