Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tick Magnet

That's my dog Maggie Mae. She's a tick magnet. :) Yesterday we took Mags to Silver Lake in Haymarket (a recent discovery by my folks) for a romp. Little did we know that she would return home covered in ticks. The grass wasn't even that high, but somehow she managed to attract every blood-sucking bug of the land. When we got home, mom took a nap with Maggie in the bed, and then mom even found one on herself. Our evening would have made the perfect new music video for Brad Paisley's song "Ticks."

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight,
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks,
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers,
And I'd like to check you for ticks.
Yes Maggie-- I'd like to check you for ticks. Wait--I have no choice BUT to check you for ticks.

No comments: