Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here We Grow Again



It seems Jackson has finally found a sub-letter for his former apartment.

That's right; we've got big news again!  We're expecting baby #2 ... and guess what?  My due date is May 11th, 2012.  That's only 6 days after Jackson's 2nd birthday.  Right now, that puts me at 12 weeks pregnant and about to enter the wonderful second trimester.  However, to use Justin's words this morning as I hugged the toilet bowl, "someone needs to tell your body the first trimester is over!"  Agreed.

Overall, things have been going really well with this pregnancy.  Today we had our nuchal translucency screening, and everything looked good.  We are so thankful to God for "normal" results.  When you have a child with a medical condition, the cliche statement "we just want a healthy baby" takes on new meaning.  I haven't been nearly as tired with this pregnancy as I was when I was carrying Jax.  Perhaps that's because I'm not working this time around . . . or because I'm so used to functioning on limited sleep.  However, I have noticed that I am way more sensitive to smells (as in, I literally haven't changed a poopy diaper in 8 weeks because I start dry heaving), and I have had far more morning sickness this time.  With Jackson, my "morning sickness" was limited to moderate nausea that usually subsided by the late afternoon.  However, with this baby, I feel lousy from the time I open my eyes until I close them again at night.  Oh yeah, and if you like gory details . . . I can usually exceed my "total vomit" count with Jackson in a single day with baby #2.  Yeah, unpleasant.  For awhile, I've been thinking "this has to be a girl," but today at our sonogram . . . the sonographer took a peek between Baby Heath's legs . . . and she said she was 96.3% sure we are having another boy!  However, I'm not completely convinced because it is so early.  Justin was thrilled, and he keeps insisting that "she does ultrasounds every day, and she said she was sure."  I'm going to let him enjoy his excitement for at least another 8 weeks when we'll know for sure.

I found out I was pregnant back on September 6th . . . you know, the day Jackson was sick two days before his first Mehta casting procedure in Philadelphia when we had to rush him to Haymarket to see his Pediatrician.  As I've stated before, we like to do things "with a bang" around here.  I took my pregnancy test that day in one of those "I really need a stiff drink, but I'm a little late for my period" moments, and, low-and-behold, there were two pink lines staring up at me.  It's funny . . . with Jackson, I took one of those fancy-shmancy digital $20.00 tests and sat there with a stopwatch waiting for the 3 minutes to pass.  This time, I look a $0.97 "test strip" and forgot about it sitting on the back of the toilet for 10-15 minutes before I went back to read the sucker.  Priorities, I guess.

Anyways, we are thrilled to finally we announcing the "little [boy] bean's" existence to the outside world.  We honestly couldn't be happier to be growing our family a little larger.

Only 6 more months to go!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay! I've been waiting on this to go public! :) I'm so excited for you and so glad the test was normal. Hoping your sickness subsides soon! Will you be having a baby shower in Roanoke?