Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update

Just to keep everyone "up to the minute," I wanted to share the little bit of new information we have regarding Jackson's P.I.S.  Shriner's called me yesterday to give me the measurements for Jackson's back.  Currently, his COBB (curve of spine) is 44 degrees, and his RVAD (slant/twisting of ribs) is 27 degrees.  He will be getting his first cast on September 8th, 2011.  Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated!

The photo quality is not great (taken on my phone), but I also wanted to share two pictures of Jackson's back taken a couple of nights ago.  I thought many of you might be curious to see what exactly I am writing about.



I also want to take this opportunity to say to all parents reading this blog:  CHECK YOUR CHILD'S SPINE CAREFULLY!  Do NOT rely on your pediatrician to do this as it is generally NOT part of their assessment.  Keep in mind that I had to take MULTIPLE images of Jackson's back to capture these photographs where you can truly visualize his scoliosis.  In most of them, you COULD NOT TELL he had it!  When in doubt, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS trust your instincts!

No comments: