Friday, February 6, 2009

The Geek in the Pink


At this point, I kind of feel like I'm starting this blog over. It has been so long since I've posted anything on here! However, carpe diem, right? There's no time like the present to take a little bit of that power back--to reclaim a bit of my identity back. Some of you know what I'm talking about--others do not, so allow me to briefly explain myself.

Life since Justin and I got married in August has been nothing short of crazy. We first experienced a sort of "National Lampoons-esque" honeymoon which began in Puerto Rico and ended up in Cape Cod, Massachusets. Then, I began my job as an RN. This blog is NO place to talk about THAT matter! As if I hadn't been through enough in 2008 already among graduating college, getting an apartment, moving to Northern VA, taking and NCLEX, getting married, starting a new career and getting a dog--Justin and I decided to have one last hurah to ring in the new year--we bought a house! So, on January 17th, 2009, the Heaths came home in Bristow, Virginia. Truth be known--we do love it here, so all of the fuss was worth the while in the long run. But, should you have asked us that about one month ago, I think I would have cried and Justin would have ran off with your head. Put it this way--never speak to a Heath with an English accent about anything regarding money, interest rates, insurance, appraisals, and especially--timelines! A few of you really appreciate this criptic post, don't you? You know who you are.

Nevertheless, we are now settled in our home--and upon the delivery of a once-defective dresser and mirror set, things may very well be in order again. That, my avid readers, is why I proclaim today as the beginning of reclaiming my identity. I think most of the pressures are change are finally lifting and I've set some new lofty goals for meself:

Goal #1: Get back to the gym 3+ days/week.

Goal #2: Finish the second book in the Twilight series, New Moon

Goal #3: Get cracking on our wedding scrapbook again.

Goal #4: Start cooking.

Goal #5: Hang out with my girlfriends again!

Ahh, these goals sound so wonderful to me right now. Call me selfish, but it's been so long since I've been able to focus on the things that make me truly happy in life--just the little things. I'm incredibly excited!

No comments: