Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Best Friend's Wedding








Ahh-- a movie title-- one I've never seen actually. In reality, I just got back (a few days ago) from my childhood best friend, Emily's, wedding. It was such a beautiful occasion, and she looked absolutely stunning the whole weekend. Emily at Patrick got married on St. Augustine Beach in Florida, so I flew down to Jacksonville last Friday for the rehearsal (I was a bridesmaid, after all). When I arrived, I was greeted in the airport by Emily's gorgeous friend from Liberty University, Haley... and my other highschool counterpart, Christen. It was quite an experience to be with Emily and Christen at the same time again! We met up with the blushing bride outside the airport, then traveled down to St. Augustine to meet Patrick and his groomsmen for lunch. We ate at this darling resaurant called Scarlett O'Hara's, which was right up my alley-- most of you know my unfettered love for Gone With the Wind-- and if you don't-- "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" Afterwards, we had the rehearsal on the beach, showered, and enjoyed a lovely rehearsal dinner complete with a slideshow prepared by the bride. As put best by Haley, "there's just so much emotion--it's gonna get wet." And... it did... I think I started crying during this slideshow, and I'm not sure if I've even stopped yet despite being home for 3 days now. Saturday morning was the BIG DAY, and it went perfectly. I couldn't help but to think of how much Emily and Patrick deserved such a spectacular wedding day. Emily was truly a radiant bride, a tearful Patrick testified to that on many occasions. The weather was wonderful, the dancing fun, and the food unbelievably great! Despite many many tears, I think the couple knew how happy we all were for them. I could not imagine a better husband and wife for one another-- here's a final toast to the new Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Lee Shaw!







No comments: