Thursday, April 22, 2010

Progress Makes Perfect-- 36 weeks, 2 days

Today's 36-week doctor's appointment marked a major milestone called PROGRESS! I was thrilled to discover that I am now 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby Jackson is at -2 station! WooHoo. Now, in reality, I know this doesn't "mean much" in terms of when labor is going to begin, but at least my body is doing something to prepare for Jackson's big debut. Perhaps it also explains all the low pressure I feel now, the occasional stabbing pains, and the more frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions! I am measuring 37 weeks which is fairly on target (I am actually 36 weeks, 2 days). My BP was a little bit elevated but nothing major, and I am starting to swell like a sausage--not fun or attractive. The swelling used to be only in my feet and ankles, but now I'm really seeing it in my calves, hands, and under/around my eyes and face. Again, Dr. Liao said this was normal for where I am in the pregnancy. Today's appointment also marked the beginning of weekly visits, so you can look forward to more frequent updates from now on!

No comments: